The first step in the home loan process is a mortgage application. Your real estate agent may ask you to apply for one before they take you out shopping for a home. The idea is to make sure that you are qualified for a mortgage before you waste time, gas, and money finding the right house only to find out you aren’t qualified.
Getting the Home Loan Process Started
Mortgages by Scott is powered by Angel Oak Home Loans and our pre-qualifications are treated exactly like a home loan application. Your tax returns, income, assets, job history, etc. are all reviewed by the underwriter. This is the same underwriter you will have when you find the perfect home!
THESE ARE THE STEPS TO GETTING THE PERFECT MORTGAGE:
- Fill out an application form.
- Once you submit your application, I will review it and get together some ideas on what mortgage program might best suit your needs.
- Please expect a call so I can fill in any blanks and listen to what you are looking for in your mortgage. Each borrower’s situation is different. Your story is unique, so your mortgage will be too.
- My goal is to get my clients qualified before any money is put on the line. I will send you a “homework” list of items to collect, depending on your situation.
- My team will go to work immediately, so you don’t have to worry.